Professional Estate Cleanout Services Across British Columbia & The Lower Mainland
Junk Removal Company in Maple Ridge, BC
Using Clutter to Cash, LLC. for your estate cleanout will not only reduce your stress, but may yield a large financial return. You want a company that will be punctual, patient and respectful while treating your situation with care. Whenever possible, we donate unused items to charitable organizations and families in need. Whether you are handling an estate sale, downsizing or dealing with the daunting task of clearing a hoard, our Junk Removal Experts can help you through. Our Estate Cleanout Services are used by landlords, attorneys, banks and homeowners who need to dispose of unwanted items that may prevent or slow down the process of handing over an estate.
Seven Tips when dealing with Estates:
1. Find and set aside all key financial documents. Locate and secure any will, trusts and related documents. Look for life insurance policies and statements, real estate deeds and titles; obtain recent bank statements if none are in the home. Retain any stock certificates; 401(k) records; tax returns and receipts.
2. Pay attention to detail. People tend to stash things in unlikely places, or forget that something valuable has been left in a coat pocket or the back of a desk drawer. Take the time to look through everything. This would include pockets in clothing, drawers, high shelves, every container, etc.
3. Work with family members on sharing items. One strategy that can help is to have family members create a list of the items they’d like to have from the estate. While this can work well, unfortunately there are situations where conflicts and disagreements can arise. If necessary, involving outside mediators or legal help may be helpful.
4. Try to find and keep photos and other memorabilia. Often these types of items are of little value to people outside of the family. However, they are irreplaceable for family members.
5. Donate or sell clothing. Most clothing has little resale value, unless it's vintage clothing which is typically from the early 1960s. Consignment shops can sometimes be a source for gaining some revenue from old clothing as well as eBay or yard sales. Donations are, of course, always welcome and this can be handled for you by others.
6. Hire a Clutter to Cash estate appraiser. If the estate is comprised of a substantial amount of furniture, jewelry and antiques it is well worth the investment to find out current market values on all items.
7. Get help. The work can be overwhelming, both physically and emotionally. Some of the tasks are simply monotonous and lengthy, such as sorting through paperwork. Other tasks require physical exertion such as moving furniture, cleaning and hauling items and debris.