Professional Estate Services in Vancouver, British Columbia
| APPRAISE | DE-CLUTTER | DONATE | RECYCLE | RE-SALE |
Using Clutter to Cash for your estate needs will not only reduce your stress and work load, but may yield a large financial return. You want a company that will be organized, punctual, patient and respectful while treating your situation with care. Whenever possible, we donate unused items, non-expired food and clothing to charitable organizations and families in need.
Whether you are handling an estate, downsizing or dealing with the daunting task of clearing a hoarding situation, our experience removal staff can help you through the process. Our experienced appraisal managers can help assess what is worth reselling vs what is donation and recycling. Our estate services are used by landlords, trustees, attorneys, banks and families who need to dispose of unwanted items that may prevent or slow down the handing over of an estate.
To see our rates for estate removal &/ clean-out services, please Click here for more information. Standard junk removal rates may apply. You can also use our get a quote or contact us forms to submit details of your estate job. Don't forget about our credit back program, this can lead to extra money in your pockets. Ask today about our unique Clutter to Cash credit back program!
Tips when dealing with an Estate:
1. Find and set aside all key financial documents. Locate and secure any wills, trusts and related documents that may be difficult to replace. Look for life insurance policies, real estate deeds and titles; obtain recent bank statements if none are in the home. Retain any stock certificates; 401(k) records; tax returns and receipts.
2. Work with family members on sharing items. One strategy that can help is to have family members create a list of the items they would like to have from the estate. While this can work well, unfortunately there are situations where conflicts and disagreements can arise. If necessary, involving outside mediators or legal help may be helpful.
3. Keep old family photos and sentimental items. (i.e) Pictures of pets. Often these types of items are of little resale value, however, are irreplaceable for family members and loved ones.
4. Donate any old clothing, books and blankets. Most clothing has little resale value and there are many families in need of clean usable clothes.
5. Hire a Clutter to Cash estate appraiser for any items that you think could be worth selling. If the estate is comprised of a substantial amount of furniture, jewelry and antiques it is well worth the investment to find out current market values.
6. Get help. The work can be overwhelming both physically and emotionally. Some of the tasks are simply monotonous and lengthy, such as sorting through paperwork. Other tasks require physical exertion such as moving furniture, cleaning and hauling items and debris.