De-clutter your life and put money in your pocket at the same time!
Clutter to Cash Consignment
What is Consignment? Consignment is a business arrangement in which a business, also referred to as a "consignee", agrees to sell items for a "consignor" in return for an agreed commission. The English word consignment is from the French word consignor, which means to deposit, as in to drop off items for sale. Consignment businesses are typically retail stores that specialize in a particular type of consumer product. Clutter to Cash is a licensed eBay trading broker with over 17 years of experience selling and over 8,500 positive transactions. Some of your items may qualify to be listed on our eBay stores. For more information on listing items on one of our eBay stores, please contact us today!
Common consignment items include:
- New Clothing & Shoes (Brand Name)
- Athletic equipment & Sports gear
- Antiques such as instruments, advertising and furniture (pre 1930)
- Some types of modern furniture (gently used, clean smoke free condition)
- Toys (original sealed pre 2000)
- Mid-century furniture in good condition
- Newer flat screen TVs
- Turn Tables & DJ Equipment
- Vintage Electronics
- ATVs, Motorcycles, Dirt Bikes
- Records, LPs (12" or 10")
- Old Coins
- Sports Cards & Memorabilia
- Camping Gear
- Wheel Barrows, yard tools and Lawnmowers
- Dyson, Bosch & GE appliances or electronics
- Phones, laptops, computers (new and old)
- Musical instruments
- Tools (manual and electric)
- Old Stamp collections
- Comic Books
- Gold, Aluminium or Silver
Consignment Rates & Commissions
We will pickup your consignment goods in one of our Clutter to Cash vans, so you don't have to do the lifting or driving. Your goods will be dropped off to one of our warehouse facilities. There they will be tested, cleaned and photographed for listing. There are no storage fees associated with storing your items. Standard delivery rates will apply to pickup. The billing will start when the van arrives at your pickup location and will end then the van is unloaded. Please See the moving and delivery rates page for more specific pricing information. Clutter to Cash consignment rates are typically 50% of gross sales. For larger and high value consignment deals, the rates can be negotiated. We also offer reduced rates to repeat consignor(s) to encourage long term business and steady inventory supply.
Advantages of consignment
- No need to spend time creating listings on eBay, Etsy or Craiglist
- No need to ship or deliver sold items
- Clear unused space in your home and convert unwanted items to cash
- Reduce the cost of junk removal
- Gives others the opportunity to enjoy your unused items
- Keeping good re-usable items out of the landfills
- Receive a breakdown and sales report of items sold (Microsoft Excel)
Demand for consignment goods is on the upswing, says that Association of Retail Professionals. Growth in number of new consignment stores is currently around 7% annually.
Have a Question?
Contact Clutter To Cash for more